Music Therapy is the clinical and evidence-based use of music interventions to accomplish individualized goals within a therapeutic relationship by a credentialed professional who has completed an approved music therapy program.
- Job responsibilities: helps patients develop relapse prevention skills, create recovery plans, admissions, and develop bonds with patients.
- Important Qualities: compassion, interpersonal skills, musical ability, and observational skils
- Possible work settings:Hospitals, Residential treatment centers, Elder care, Jails, Special education, Drug/Alcohol programs, Hospice
- Notes from Marti:
- Rewards: Seeing patients become stable, creating an environment where patient's symptoms almost don't exist
- Advice: Have a love for your medium, Do a job-shadow before you jump into your career