Psychologists study cognitive, emotional, and social processes and behavior by observing, interpreting, and recording how people relate to one another and their environments.
- Job responsibilities: provide professional psychological services including diagnosis, assessment of patientsm therapy sessions, design programs to meet patient treaatment goals, document patient activities and progress. Participate as part of the treatment team.
- Important Qualities: Compassion, Collaboration, Team-work, Organization, Autonomy
- Possible Work Settings:Elementary or Secondary schools, Government, Mental health practitioner office, Hospitals, Individual and family services
- Notes from Franz:
- Rewards: Watching patients progress through the system, getting to work in teams.
- Advice: Look at your volunteering opportunities, Join a research lab at your school